I am ahead of schedule on ALL fronts this month! And so, lovely people, I bring you the news that I very well may have not one, but TWO published works circulating out among the masses (at least as far out as a limited local publishing budget can get them to circulate) as early as October!
I’m also extremely happy to report the cover art is finished for both projects; see below for a first look (not bad, eh?), and release details.
off the page (a story in poems).
Target release date: September 15th, 2014 (limited first run)
Format: Chapbook print
Price: $7.99 + s/h
Shipping from: Tempe, AZ
The Red Earth Sings Beneath Our Feet: My Journey to Africa and Back
Target release date: October 1st, 2014 (limited first run)
Format: Paperback print
Price: $19.99 + s/h
Shipping from: Tempe, AZ
Honestly, I’m so excited to see my work in physical print form that the first 10 people who place an order will get $5.00 off their purchase. For no reason, except because. Did I mention I was excited?
The novel, Tsidyon, is slowly inching forward toward completion. Or, as complete as I can get it before my inevitable nervous breakdown about it. In the meantime, I’m working on a few other projects:
- Getting hooked up through an online publisher. I’m not entirely sold on Amazon yet; I hear great things and terrible things (I don’t want to stir up any ire, but most of the terrible things are in articles from the professional publishing camp). In any case, I want to get my online platform up and running as soon as possible in order to move into the digital ebook market. Save a tree! Read my book!
- Free goodies! I’m working on some pieces that I’ll be offering for free, with a subscription to this blog. More to come on that!
- Writing projects in the works. Out of all the ideas I’ve had over the years, these are the ones I keep returning to. The constants. I’ve carried them around with me in various stages of completion for a long time, alternating the time I spend with them and the energies I spend on them, and it’s time to just get serious about doing something with each of them:
- A prequel to my existing novel is already in the works. I love the world I created in Tsidyon, and I want to expand on the origin story of the heroic figure who serves as a minor but influential presence in the first novel.
- Another novel outline, with speculative fiction themes. I hesitate to call it strictly fantasy, horror, or science fiction; it has elements of all. This outline is surprisingly well-developed for being my newest tangible long-term writing project, and I’m anxious to see how far the proverbial rabbit hole goes.
- A series of fictional vignettes centering around a core group of characters that are quickly forming a common theme and story line (it may initially read as a novella). At heart, it is a coming-of-age story and the protagonist’s point of view is quite heartbreaking, really. Quickly growing attached.
- A brief outline that doesn’t have much meat to it, yet. I wrote a few pages one day right after a horrendous breakup from an emotionally void relationship from which I struggled to extricate myself, and the story has stuck around. It may turn into a psychological mystery/horror novella. I know what you’re thinking. It’s not exactly autobiographical if there are ghosts in it, right? Just kidding. No ghosts. But definitely horror.
- Some story notes that center around another speculative fiction/fantastical theme. Think Watership Down. Set in Africa. It could go either way at this point.
Well, that’s about all from me today. If you are interested in finding out more about my upcoming projects for publication, drop me an email at
email@example.com. Or find me on Facebook or Twitter!
You must be logged in to post a comment.